Parent/ Teacher conferences will take place this month on November 16 (K-12) and November 21 (K-6). These conferences are a great time to talk to your student’s teacher(s) about their progress, discuss concerns, and ask questions. To make the best use of the conference time, consider the tips below to help you prepare:
- Write a list of questions you would like to discuss. Some examples are:
- Is my child working to the best of his/her ability?
- What can I do to help my child with subjects he/she finds challenging?
- Is there anything we can do at home to reinforce the skills you are teaching?
- How does my child interact with other students?
- Bring something to the conference so you can take notes to help you remember important information.
- If there are concerns, try to develop a specific plan that both you and the school can work on to help your child succeed. Write this plan down so you know what you can help with at home.
- Share information about changes at home. A new baby, a divorce, a death in the family, or the loss of a job can impact your child’s ability to learn. Knowing about these changes can help school staff provide support for your child during this time.
Please take the time to attend Parent/Teacher conferences this month. This communication between home and school is essential to your child’s success in school.
Allison Schmidt, Superintendent
Martin County West Schools is
Accepting New Open Enrollment Students
Martin County West Schools has many great things to offer our students.
Please contact one of the schools shown below to open enroll your students to MCW.
- Student centered environment
- Small elementary class sizes
- Variety of educational choices and opportunities
- Safe, orderly schools
- High graduation rate
- Technology integrated at all levels
- Recently updated facilities
- 22% of our students open enroll to MCW from other districts
Sherburn Elementary (K-2) 507-764-4461
Trimont Elementary (3-6) 507-639-2081
MCW Jr/Sr High (7-12) 507-764-4671
Open Enrollment Form