Spring – a Time for Testing Spring always brings welcome relief from the frigid temperatures and blowing snow of winter. It brings the freshness of colorful blooms in the gardens and black dirt in the fields. Spring also is the time for testing in schools across the state.
This spring most of our students will be taking tests to measure how much they have learned this school year. Whether they are taking the MAP tests in grades 1-2, the MCA tests in grades 3-11, or the ACT test in grade 11, these tests are an important measurement of your child’s progress.
To help your student do his/her best on these tests I thought it would be a good idea to share some testing tips. These suggestions may be familiar but also give you practical advice to increase your child’s success.
- Go to bed early the night before the MCA tests to make sure your student gets plenty of rest.
- Relax together the night before testing – play a game, watch a movie, or do something else fun together.
- Encourage your child to do his/her best on each test.
- Avoid scheduling appointments on testing days. A testing calendar for grades 3-11 is included in this newsletter and is also on the website.
- Tell your child to take his/her time on the tests.
Your support and encouragement at home are appreciated as our students take these important tests this spring.
Allison Schmidt, Superintendent